07 March 2013

Quiet time, Devotion time...



This thread is not for us to pump ourselves up, brag or impress others.  It is simply a place to share your experiences, methods and thoughts on your daily quite time with Our Lord.  As for me, my day is not complete, unless, I enjoy quite time with my Lord in prayer, my devotions and bible reading early morning while everything and everyone are still asleep.  My whole day is so much better with my time of reflection, prayer and nourishment in these early hours of the day.

Lately I had a thought impressed upon me when I read about giving to God our firsts.  Now, of course we mostly know this of giving of our first fruits, but have we ever considered giving Him our first minutes, hours of the day.

When reading the other day in my bible, I was reading (Exodus 34:2-3) “Be ready in the morning, and then come up…Present yourself to me there on the top of the mountain.  No one is to come with you.”

I believe the morning is a critically important time of the day, that we must never face the day until we have faced God, nor look into the face of others until we have looked into His.  We cannot expect to be victorious, if we began our day in our own humanly earthly strength alone.
As for me, I enjoy and feel better when I begin the day after having been influenced by a few reflective, quiet moments between my heart, heart and soul with God. I encourage you and me, to meet with Him alone regularly.  You will not regret it. 

Remember and learn from our forefathers, ancestors, family and friends…those whom have accomplished the most for God in this world are those who have been found on their knees, reading, reflecting…devoting time early in the morning.

Please share your quiet time and how it has affected you, your outlook, and life.

Many blessings to you and your family.

Your brother in Christ, Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment