29 March 2013

Good Friday Prayer and thoughts...


I pray today that we all will pause, contemplate and mediate on what we Christians celebrate beginning today with Good Friday, Saturday and the culmination of Easter Sunday…of what all Our Jesus Christ endured, sacrificed and did for each one of us…for our sins.

Therefore I pray this Good Friday…Our Lamb of God, slain for and by sinners, this day brings me to the foot of the Cross.  Humbly and shamefully I admit that you had borne my griefs and carried my sorrows; the chastisement of my peace was upon You, and with the stripes I am healed.  I thank You for suffering all as my Substitute.

For me You endured the treachery of Judas; the mockery and mistreatment of Herod; the miscarriage of justice before Annas, Caiaphas, and Pilate; the scourge, the rod, and the crown of thorns.  For my sins Your hands and feet were pierced with nails, Your lips tasted of the vinegar and gall, Your side was pierced by the spear.

Here I behold the tremendous price of my transgressions that cost You your life, Lord Jesus.  Here I see you as the Lamb of God, who by one sacrifice has forever perfected them that are sanctified.  May your Cross ever be the source of forgiveness, comfort, joy and peace.

As I again view You today suspended on the cross of Golgotha, may I by the Love be prompted to say with Paul: “I am crucified with Christ…and the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” Bless the preaching of Your Cross everywhere, and by its constraining love draw all men to You that they may love with and for You forevermore.  For Your holy name’s sake I ask it.  Amen.

I pray you are blessed by this prayer and may many individuals come forth to receive Christ during this Holy weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment