07 March 2013

It is Never Too Late for God...


What simple but provocative words...given to me by my 10 year old son.  Let me set the stage....while getting ready for bed...for several reasons or another...were running late getting to bed.  Son normally reads his devotions and I commented how late it was and shared he did not have time and it was past his bed time and was too late.  He immediately responded...."Dad, it is never too late for God".  Wow!!! So..to say the least...I permitted him to read his devotions.

I have learned much from my son and realized I miss the childlike innocence, faith, devotion and passion.  I not only miss it...but welcome it back..all from the innocence of a child.

I could so easily run away in so many directions with his phrase in my ministry blog...from everything is God's timing to is is never too late, regardless of time, conditions, or actions to come to God.

We have so much to learn from children...important thing...are we listening?  Letting pride get in the way?  Or feel there are no lessons to be learned from the youth...etc.?

Will try to elaborate further on this subject and working on a piece about God's promises too. I end with joy to share this with you from my son.

In ending...I share this piece of information and I hope you remember...has I have even entered this in the front of my bible..."It is never too late for God".

No comments:

Post a Comment