06 March 2013

Praise precedes Victory!


Good day my brother and sisters in Christ.  I write this with much joy and praise the Lord!  What is that?  Am I celebrating because I found employment?  Financial worries over?  Nope.  I know...I know...you are probably thinking...I have lost my nut.  No I did not lose my nut...but I did read this morning 2 Chronicles 20:1-22. I learned this morning...praise can and should precede victory.  As you know the story...a multitude of forces were marching against Israel.  The army of Israel was vastly out numbered, and they did not know what to do.  So they fasted and prayed and in doing so...received word from God. "Be not afraid or dismayed at this great multitude; for the battle is not yours but God's" (2 Chron 20:15)  Did you pick up on that.  The battle is not ours...but God's.  And what did they do in response...they placed together a praise choir.  When the choir of people began to say, the word tells us "the Lord set ambushments against the men...who had come against Judah, and they were self slaughtered"(verse 22).  When it was all over, not one Israelite had fallen and not one enemy survived.  And what blows my mind...the spoils was so abundant...it took three whole days to haul all the cattle, goods, garments, precious items, etc.  What a victory!  And it all started by praising God.  That is exactly what I am doing.  Praising God for the victory that is forthcoming.  It is all left to us to trust Him and began to praise.  Also we, including myself need to keep the faith.  (1 Jn 5:4) "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world.  And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith."  Our creator can overcome any obstacle.  We need to trust always His providence, like (Phil 4:19) states..."...my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  So I end with this bit of encouragement...praise Him for the Victory...Keep the faith and remember...we have the assurance that every promise God has made in Scripture is available to us.
You are in my thoughts and prayers...I pray I am in yours as well.  Many blessings...safety...and God's protection be upon you and your families this year.
Your Brother in Christ, Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment