18 January 2013

To Honor Jesus through worship, prayer & obedience

As the new year begins...hopefully so does our passion to enjoy a closer walk with Our Lord Jesus Christ.  But that must begin with Honoring Him through our worship, prayer and obedience to His word.

To Honor: Psalm 73:25 - "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." (NIV)

To Worship: 1 John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!  The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him." (NIV) 

We should see every moment as potential of enjoying communion with Our God.

To Prayer:  Phillippians 4:6-7  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (NIV)

As I remember reading sometime ago...I paraphrase...God did not give us prayer as an reward that we deserve, but prayer is a privilege given to us by God.  Many think it is our gift to Him...but it actually is God's gift to us.  We need to remember...no one is good enough to earn God's attention or this attentiveness to hear when we pray.  Prayer is a gift of His mercy and grace.

To Obey:  Psalm 119:100-101 "I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.  I have kept my feet from every evil path so that I might obey your word. " (NIV)

I had learn long time ago, when I first was taught to study the bible and not take which ever commentary I were using words for what the verse is telling me.  When I began to study the bible...I read the bible...all while...listening to God to speak to me thru the word...with his still calm voice.  Also learned...by not seeing how much I could read...I learned to relish  treasure and ponder what I read.  Speed is not the victor here...slowly pondering the word and praying for what is read requires a consistent practice, a disciplined habit to be in the Word on a regular basis...eventually...if we are still enough...and listen...God does and will speak to us through His Word.

This brings me to when we posses and enjoy the disciplined spiritually.

Isaiah 40:31 "...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

In closing...I do not know about you...but when Christ...when I let Christ inside me...he is my source of power and makes all my footsteps strong...steady...and my christian life possible.  There has only been one person that has truly lived the Christian life.... that's right...Jesus Christ.

91st Psalm..."He is my refuge"  (Ps 91:2)

Proverbs 13:13 "Despise God's word and find yourself in trouble. Obey it and succeed."



No comments:

Post a Comment