11 January 2013

My Unemployment Prayer


My Unemployment Prayer I wish to share with others.

Dear Father in Heaven, giver of all good things.  I thank you for having created me and preserved me to this day.  You know of all my needs and my fears because of my present unemployment.  I pray that you comfort and strengthen me, and help me to maintain my hope and courage.

It is clear from your word that work is normal and good for man, yet I have not found the work which I need and seek.  This situation is hard to understand.  Help me, Lord, to surrender wholly to you my God and to look to you, for the employment which I need.

I pray to you Lord, correct what is wrong with me or with the employment situation in general, and give me the opportunity to earn my own bread.  Open a door of employment which I do not now see.  Keep me from discouragement, bitterness, and depression and help me to put my trust in you.  It is such a challenge as I ride the weekly roller coaster ride of hope & rejection…Hope & rejection in these past 3+ years, help me mentally, physically and spiritually as I daily try to trust in you and keeping the faith.  I know from Jer 29:11, Proverbs 3:5-6, and Phil 4:6-7…you have a plan…I need to keep the faith…and to trust beyond my own understanding – give me your strength daily with these things.

Help me to say with a believing heart and mind –(Psalm 145:15-16 KJV) “The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.  Thou openest thine hand, and satisfied the desire of every living thing.”

In that knowledge and in that faith make me trusting and patient.  In the meantime care for me and mine according to your promise.  I trust that you will do so for the sake of Jesus Christ, my Savior, in whom you have promised to give us all things.  “You take pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.” (Psalm 35:27)

So Lord, give me time to listen to you today.  Expect to hear in your spirit – guidance, loving encouraging voice, counsel and your will and strength to take that step of faith.

Pray in your name, glory, honor and praise – Jesus Christ – I pray.  Amen and Amen!

1 comment:

  1. As a Christian poet & writer, I feel unemployed each time I'm between projects! Thank you for this encouraging, faith-strengthening prayer.

    Also, I hope you join the Christian Poets & Writers group on Facebook and remind me to add this URL to the blogroll on the CP&W blog - http://christianpoetsandwriters.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete