25 December 2012

Christmas Day Prayer


Christmas Day Prayer

O God the Father, I praise You for the gift
of your Son, who was born in the poverty and
lowliness of Bethlehem so that I might enjoy
the riches of your grace and the exaltation of
sonship with you.

O God the Son, I adore for humbling
Yourself to be my Savior, for bearing my sins in
Thine own body, and for rendering to my Father
in heaven a perfect satisfaction for my transgressions.

O God the Holy Spirit, I glorify You for
having made my heart a dwelling place of the
Savior of the world and for bringing the peace
of forgiveness to my soul through faith in Him
who is the Prince of Peace.

O blessed Trinity, on this holy day give me
a humble and contrite heart that I may joyfully
claim the Babe of Bethlehem as my Lord and
my God. Remove from me the tattered robes of
my own righteousness, and adorn me with the
spotless garment of Christ's righteousness.
Use every gift received this day from loving
friends to remind me of the gift of a Savior so
that my heart may rejoice and my tongue can
sing, "Glory to God in the highest!"

Help me to cradle the' Christ Child in my
heart, O Holy Spirit, and give me the grace and
strength to love and adore Him all the days of
my life. Amen..

No comments:

Post a Comment